Get involved in the Santa Barbara County 2020 Census through community events, Census activities, and State and Federal dates.
Santa Maria Census Town Hall
Make Goleta Count Census Day
Join us for a fun-filled day and opportunity to learn about Census 2020! Make Goleta Count Day / Haz Que Cuente Goleta el Día is for the whole family. There will be games, raffle prizes, food (for purchase), music, census information, and key speakers. City staff will also be on hand to answer questions to help makes sure everyone completes his/her census. View the flyer below and we hope to see you there!
Census Invite Mailed
Census Reminder Letter
National Census Day
Census Reminder Postcard
Reminder Letter and Questionnaire
Final Reminder and Postcard
IMPORTANT CENSUS DATES
- March 12 – 20, 2020: Most households will receive an invitation to respond online to the 2020 Census
- March 16 – 24, 2020: A reminder letter will be sent in the mail
- March 26 – April 3: A reminder postcard will be sent in the mail.
- April 1, 2020: National 2020 Census Day! Everyone living in the United States is encouraged to respond to census on this date through the internet, over phone or by returning a paper questionnaire
- April 8 – 16, 2020: A reminder letter and paper questionnaire will be sent in the mail
- April 20 – 27, 2020: A final reminder postcard before a 2020 Census worker follows up in person